Downtown Westmont Business Alliance Committee Meeting
The Downtown Westmont Business Alliance Committee (DWBAC) is a committee of the Westmont Chamber of Commerce and Tourism Bureau, which serves as a resource group to plan events that promote Downtown Westmont and serves as the voice of the Downtown Westmont Business Community.
Committee Chair: Dr. Jessica Torok, Urban Veterinary Associates
Please RSVP for this meeting to have access to the Public Works Building
We will have an opportunity to tour the new Westmont Public Works Building!
Westmont Chamber of Commerce and Tourism Bureau Downtown Westmont Business Alliance Committee Thursday November 10, 2022 at 8:00 AM @ Westmont Public Works Building or Via Zoom Link: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/97033040821?pwd=bjNiZlF0R1N6ZXZoYVdXWUlDVFM2Zz09 Phone: +1 312 626 6799 Meeting ID: 970 3304 0821 Passcode: 644410 DRAFT MEETING AGENDA
2. Meeting Agenda Additions
3. 2022 Westmont Trick or Treat Trail Activity Recap
8:30 AM to 10:00AM – Manning Monster Dash (On North Cass)
10:15 AM to 11:00 AM – Wicked West Fest Costume Contest (On East Irving)
11:00 AM to 1:00 PM – Trick or Treat Trail (B-1 Business District)
11:00 AM to 1:00 PM Wicked West Fest Photo Booth (On East Irving)
11:00 AM to Noon – Pumpkin Smashing Contest (On West Irving)
11:00AM to 2:00 PM – Trunk or Treat (Holy Trinity Parking lot on South Cass)
12:30 PM to 1:00 PM – Caskets on Cass Race (Starts at Cass and Irving and proceeds South)
October 2022 – Scarecrow Contest Voting – Winners: Old National Bank, DPDC and Aspired Living each took first place in scarecrow contest this year. There were 1,426 votes were cast, kudos to all that participated.
4. Review participation details (below & attached) for the December 3, 2022 Holly Days Stroll and Raffle, held in conjunction with the Frosty and Friends Parade from 4pm to 6:30pm. A. Be open on Saturday, December 3rd from 4:00pm to 6:30pm B. Offer complimentary refreshments (warm and cold) and snacks to clients and guests C. Offer a holiday environment with decorations and background music D. Take raffle registrations for a grand prize at your business between 4:00pm to 6:30pm E. Promote the Holly Days Stroll event to your clients and the general public to help boost overall event participation.
5. 2023 Promotions and Events for Downtown Westmont A. Update the Downtown Westmont Business Directory (electronic in real time and on paper each quarter) B. Conduct two new raffles for shopping and dining in downtown Westmont (spring and fall) C. Launch and promote an online coupon program to boost business in Westmont. D. 2023 Westmont Restaurant Week is January 19, 2023 - January 29, 2023 E. 2023 Memorial Day Parade is scheduled for Monday, May 29, 2023 at 10:30 AM in Downtown Westmont. (WDP) F. Car Show on Thursdays in June through September 7, 2023 (WSEC) G. Taste of Westmont in on July 6 through July 9, 2023 (WSEC) H. 2023 Westmont High School Homecoming Parade is scheduled for a Thursday at 6:00 PM in October, specific date to TBD. (CUSD 201) I. 2023 Westmont Scare Crow Contest in October 2023 J. 2023 Trick or Treat Trail is scheduled for Saturday, October 21, 2023. k. 2023 Frosty and Friends Parade and Frosty and Friends Open House is scheduled for Saturday, December 2, 2023
6. 2022 Downtown Business Celebrations A. Uncle Bub’s 25th Anniversary Celebration November 17, 2022 B. Saxton Dance Shoppe – TBD C. Johnny’s Blitz 5-year Anniversary - TBD
7. Economic Development Updates – New Business Openings and Quincy Street Construction
8. Upcoming Business & Community Announcements A. 14th Annual Restring for Food on Saturday, November 12th from 11am to 2pm at Uncle Johns Music, 33 North Cass Avenue. All food and cash donations go to the Peoples Resource Center B Holly Days Frosty & Friends Parade and Frosty & Friends Open House, Saturday, December 3rd
9. Next Meeting – The next Downtown Westmont Committee meeting is scheduled for December 15, 2022 at 8:00am at Westmont Centre and via Zoom.
Meeting convenes at 8:00 am and adjourns at 9:00 am on the second Thursday of the month (except on holidays). Please RSVP for this meeting to have access to the Public Works Building.
Hybrid Meeting - RSVP Required to Access the Public Works Building
In-person at the new Westmont Public Works building, 155 E. Burlington Avenue or via
Zoom. Please RSVP for this meeting to access the Public Works Building.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 970 3304 0821
One tap mobile
+13126266799,,97033040821#,,,,*644410# US (Chicago)
Connect via Phone: +1-312-626-6799
No fees to participate, open to all business and property owners that are located within the B-1 Westmont Business District (Chicago/Naperville on North Cass Avenue to Dallas Street on South Cass Avenue, including Burlington and Quincy Streets).